Friday, July 5, 2013

L.I.F.E: Stay or Go

Throughout this thing we call life we will reach various crossroads and have to make many difficult decisions. At the age of 25, I reached a crossroad that would prove to be one of the most challenging. In late March 2013, I decided that I wanted to do something different with my life. My initial plan was to go back to school and get my Master's in Global Hospitality Management or the next option would be to find a career that allowed me to travel extensively. 

To make a long story short, I was offered a position within my company that would allow me to travel extensively but I would have to relocate to Chicago, then a month after I was offered the position I received my acceptance letter to Georgia State University for my Master's Program. My mind went into OVERLOAD, WHAT DO I DO?????? I literally got what I prayed for and had to make a decision. To choose between relocating my life to a place known as the Murder Capital of the US or to go to school and finish the last major step of my education.

After a lot of prayer and conversation, I decided that I would make the big move to Chicago because the opportunity to advance my career while traveling was one that I couldn't pass up. My thought process is that I can always go to school, but may not get an opportunity like this again. 

So as I embark on this journey I decided to create a blog that will give you a glance into my life in Chicago and experiencing a new culture outside of my hometown of Atlanta. As my DBG crew would say live L.I.F.E which stands for Leadership, Integrity, Foundation, and Experience and at this point I am trying to Experience Life, so check it out. I will be posting videos, blogs, and any information I come across that I find interesting. 

Johnathan

No comments:

Post a Comment